domingo, 7 de diciembre de 2008

Where are you from?

Maybe this is one of the questions I’ve asked more times since I’m here in Eindhoven doing an Erasmus, but also the most people had asked me. The answer is that I’m from Barcelona, from Catalunya and from Spain (I don’t have any independent feeling), but also I must say that I’m from Zimbabwe the country where my father comes from, I’ve never been there but is part of me, and one day I hope I would go there to know where part of my family comes from.
Everybody knows about Barcelona...but most of the people don’t know anything about Zimbabwe…and is not difficult to be aware about it because more or less every week there are news from there in the principal media like BBC or CNN, most of this news are bad & sad…we should pay more attention about what is happening in the world.

So this post is to report to who read it about the "reality" & situation of this country:

- Zimbabwe used to be one of the richest countries in Africa, now is the country of the poor millionaires (hyperinflation 355,000%) 1 bottle beer = cost $100 billion Zimbabwean dollars.
- 60,000 cholera cases currently
- 565 adults and children becoming infected every day with AIDS/HIV
- The lowest life expectancy in the World (34 years for women, 37 years for man)

But luckyly there are plenty of good things....is a beatifull country (Victoria fall's, Ruins ) with and interesting story and a lot of traditions. I hope things will get better....but for the moment it seems difficult, with the current "president" (dictator).

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

Bad situation...it seem a beatifull country.

Greetings!